Welcome to Newton Abbot Photographic Club
Join us for photography, fun, and fellowship, where we can learn from the experience of others, share our knowledge and be inspired.
We are keen to welcome new members, whether you are an experienced photographer or a complete beginner. You are welcome to attend two meetings as a guest before deciding to join.
When not in this situation with Covid-19, we meet on Tuesday evenings from 7.00 p.m. for a 7.30 p.m. start, from September to April, at the Courtenay Centre, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2QA
In the meantime, our meetings are successfully continuing via Zoom.
If you would like to know more about us please click on this link:
HOW TO FIND US
Chairman’s Update 23rd November 2021
Please note that, until further notice, our weekly meetings will take place either face to face or via Zoom, depending on each meeting’s content. For the time being we will hold our hybrid meeting format (face to face and Zoom combined) in reserve for when it is needed.
So, the remaining meetings of 2021 will take place, subject to Covid, as follows:
Date Event Venue
23/11/21 Critique – Members’ monthly challenge – Action Last hybrid meeting
30/11/21 PDI Competition Zoom only
07/11/21 Clive Figes presenting his portraiture techniques Courtenay Centre only
14/12/21 Critique – Members’ monthly challenge – Portraiture Zoom only
21/12/21 Christmas Social and Triptych Competition Courtenay Centre only
The programme for the remainder of the season is being assessed to determine which meetings will be face to face and which via Zoom. Members will be advised of these towards the end of December.
A reminder of the conditions applying at the Courtenay Centre:
1. The seating capacity in the hall is now 70 meaning there will be room for seats to be well spaced.
2. Seats will now be sanitised by Centre staff both before and after our use. We should however sanitise all other touchpoints, such as light switches, after use, using materials supplied.
3. We will need to leave windows and doors open during room use to ensure adequate ventilation. There are large windows in the hall, behind the screen and curtains.
4. Face coverings must be worn in all communal areas including the toilets and the entrance hall. It is up to us whether we wear face coverings inside the hall during activity or apply any of our own measures*.
5. We need to keep and make available, if requested, a register of all attendees (we already keep such a register).
6. There is no access to the kitchen although we can take our own refreshments.
*It is felt that it should be left to individual members as to whether or not they want to wear masks once in the hall or carry out Lateral Flow Tests in advance of attendance.
If any member, or indeed prospective member, wishes to comment on the above, or has a suggestion of how we can make the hall at the Courtenay Centre comfortable for ALL participating members, then please email me at the address below.
Newton Abbot Photographic Club